Friday, January 02, 2009

Social networking...it's cool, but what else

So my friend John has been abusing me for not being on Facebook recently. Yesterday, I took the plunge and joined.

Today, I have over 50 friends.

Uhhh, now what?

The social networking phenomenon is exactly that. A great way to keep in touch, stay in touch and update people on what's going on with your life. Heck, if you want to, you can update your Facebook status by the minute. Not that anyone really needs play-by-play of someone else's life, but you get the idea.

There are other social networking sites, like MySpace, Plaxo and others I'm not too sure of. Facebook is supposedly the largest of them right now.

There are experts who claim that businesses can use these services as a way to keep in touch with clients, attract customers and gain new cusotmers. I'm note exactly sure how, although I'm sure the experts know the answer to that mystery.

I'll update every now and then to let you know when (if?) our business starts to enjoy the fruits of Facebook. In the meantime, look me up and add me as a friend. Just don't ask me why....

No comments: