Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going green

There's been a big push in the promotional products industry to "go green." It seems like everyday we receive another catalog or mailing or e-mail about a new "green" product.

Now, I'm a big fan of the earth. I haven't really found a much better place to live up to this point. However, I haven't received one call or e-mail from a customer or prospect asking for something "green" -- even from companies that I thought might be heavily in favor of promoting a green effort. In fact, the closest I've heard is "we're just looking for ways to not use as much paper."

OK, I guess you have to start somewhere, but that hardly seems like corporate tree-hugging.

I'd love to hear from anyone whose company has really embraced the green movement, and what they've done.

No comments: